26 July 2017

My pick of the Oasis x ZSL collection


7.30am Tuesday: I heard the news that ZSL (the charity behind London Zoo) had teamed up with high street fashion store Oasis to launch a new clothing line. Two hours later, I was in the changing rooms trying it all on.

Dresses, skirts, t-shirts, shorts, tote bags and more all feature in the range, with tigers, zebras, giraffes, monkeys, butterflies, lemurs and more all making an appearance. It's a difficult decision to make, but I managed to whittle it down to a few favourites.

The Indiana Scarf (£16) is a beaut - one of those scarves that's light enough for summer, but warm enough for winter. Birds, butterflies and tigers are all involved - and snakes, which I'm far less keen on. Cute, though.
Image: Oasis
The Kissing Zebra Tee (£30). The same design is available in a tote bag (£20) which is disappointingly small in real life, and a clutch bag (£25) which wasn't available in the shop I visited. Alas, I don't need to add any more t-shirts to my already-oversized wardrobe.

Image: Oasis
Tiger Trainers (£26). These seem to be an online exclusive as they're not available in any store. BUT, I'm pleased to announce that a pair should be winging their way to me in the post as we speak, because really, who doesn't want trainers with tigers on? #Pleasebeasprettyasyoulookinthephotos

Image: Oasis
And finally, my pick of the lot; the ZSL Indiana Skater dress (£45). The same print is available in high-waisted shorts (which I also tried - very masculine) and a jumpsuit (are you kidding me? I barely reach 5ft). The dress was lovely, but it's definitely a sans-bra situation, which is not something I want to be part of, not even for monkeys and parrots and butterflies.
Image: Oasis

Disappointingly, I can't find mention anywhere of money raised from sales of the collection going to ZSL - it seems to be solely about raising awareness. I have tweeted ZSL to ask for clarification but haven't had a response.



ZSL: The Wildest Dream is in Oasis stores and online now.

Scribbling Lau is now on Facebook. You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment