16 July 2011

Zoo days

I spent a large portion of today working with very badly behaved lions who wouldn't stay put or do what I wanted. If you are one of those people who finds it amusing to destroy displays of cuddly toys in shops, just for the fun of it, please don't. I guarantee that in doing so, you will destroy what little remains of the till monkey's shop assistant's soul. Disney may have cited health and safety reasons for removing their giant mountains of toys from their shops, but I'm guessing it had more to do with protecting the sanity of their staff. There's always one kid that wants the one at the bottom of the pile, even though the 6 above it are exactly the same. And of course mummy and daddy are always happy to oblige with whatever little Charles-Hugh-William Jr. wants.

I also had a lady asked me if we sold thongs, because her shoes had broken. Took me a while to work out where she was going with that one. Turns out Americans refer to flip-flops as thongs. Definitely going to remember that one for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment